Thick and bulky, a women’s winter coat can be challenging to style. How do you wear it without looking frumpy? Here are some styling tips.
Pick a coat that suits you.
Start by getting the right coat that fits and flatters you well. Coats can be a huge investment, so think of the colours, styles, and shapes that go with your body and personal aesthetics, and consider what can complement your wardrobe. You might have to try different designs with various cuts and fabrics to know what works.
Go for a versatile women’s winter coat so you can wear it for any purpose, like going to a fancy dinner, running errands, or going out with friends. At the same time, make sure it reflects your style and personality.
Some coats look great with certain pieces of clothing. Here are some ideas:
- Trench coat – This is a versatile choice you can wear with almost anything, so you can find something to suit your budget or style.
- Parka coat – This is often lined with faux or real fur, with a loosely fitted and relaxed style, and its masculine appeal makes it go well with army green pants, jeans, or khakis.
- Pea coat – This classic women’s winter coat goes well with pants and a contrasting sweater.
- Wrap and belted coat – The belt helps define your shape for a more feminine look. Wear heeled boots or shoes with this coat if you’re short in stature.
- Raincoat – Best worn with heels or boots and layered with knitwear underneath.
- Maxi coat – Consider getting one in a neutral colour and style with colourful accessories.
Mind the features of the coat
That means choosing the ideal length, material, fabric, and design that are perfect for you, depending on your preferences. Some women prefer coats with wide lapels, which are practical as an add-on and a fashion statement. The lining is crucial, too, as it provides a more elegant, formal, and high-end look while reinforcing the garment’s frame and protecting the primary fabric from wear and tear.